Hacking the Nigeria Code – Our Constitutions (Class 2)
Know the features of an authentic and sustainable people’s constitution.
- Examine the process of evolving a genuine people’s constitution – comparison the negotiated and agreed 1960/63 constitution with the 1999 constitution.
- Strengths and weaknesses of both constitutions.
- Explore the political and administrative structures of major federating units prior to amalgamation and how it affects these constitutions under review.
- Discuss the fundamental differences between both in terms of procedure of emergence, revenue allocation, sharing of responsibilities among the tiers of government.
- Explore the concept and extent of devolution of powers.
- The merits and demerits of different schools of thought on the present document.