“Of all the institutions of a democratic society, there’s none as formidable as an awakened and conscious citizenry.” – Shehu Sani
We believe in the potential of young people to shape Nigeria’s destiny.
When you support EiE, you ensure citizens can access programs and platforms that promote citizen engagement and good governance in our nation.
Ways you can donate to EiE:
Your donations will support our work in the following areas:
- Voter education through our RSVP Campaign
- With ‘R’ & ‘V’, we leverage on partners and social media to encourage young people to participate in the electoral process by showing how it affects their lives
- With ‘S’ – we host debates to educate voters on the candidates
- With ‘P’ – we developed Revoda to help citizens protect their mandate on election day and ‘Shine your eye’ for the 4 years in between
- We are involved in a variety of causes that focus on governance and public accountability. This includes #BringBackOurGirls, #NISMurders, #StellaGate, #N20billion, #CitizensSolutionstoEndTerrorism.
The 2014 fundraiser, “An Unforgettable Evening,” was hosted by Kate Henshaw and Kola Oyeneyin; featured music by Timi Dakolo; remarks by Omawumi and Omotola Jalade- Ekehinde, and comedy satire, “The Street” by Yaw (of Wazobia FM).
This event paid particular attention to raising funds for RSVP, ahead of Nigeria’s 2015 national elections. As part of fund raising efforts, “An Unforgettable Evening” featured a special auction of notable Nigerian leaders in Business, Politics, Arts, Entertainment, and Literature.
Special thanks to all our partners, volunteers and supporters who made the event a success.